VR headsets are the most advanced technology available today. They use artificial intelligence (AI) and a lot of sensors to provide an immersive experience for their users. If any of these sensors, cables, or programs are damaged, they won’t operate properly.
Depending on the type of headset, there may be many different issues. Hardware and software-related issues can occur.
How to Fix VR Headset Not Working?
It’s not fun when you plug in the VR headset for your first use and see something wrong with it.
Don’t stress out and just relax because you’ll be able to fix the VR headset not working issues within the next two minutes.
How to Fix Tracking Issues on VR Headsets?
It depends on the quality of the sensors and lights used for tracking. The sensors all around your VR headset and controller allow the computer to create a similar kind of movement.
If your VR Head Set isn’t tracking correctly, you will see an error message saying that your avatar is moving when there is no virtual control.
Fixing PS5 trackers is one way to improve their working.
Fix PlayStation VR Tracking Issues
You may need to check if there are any malfunctioning light bulbs in your house. If not, then the problem might be with the sensor itself.
To fix tracking issues on PS VR, here are the step-by-step instructions.
- Open Settings > select Devices > PlayStation Camera. Make sure there is no light source interfering with the VR device.
If you haven’t already covered your walls, immediately cover them up so they don’t reflect any light. Then, once you’ve adjusted the light source, adjust the camera settings for the PlayStation 4.
- Stand where you’re supposed to stand.
Sit comfortably within the boundaries of the PlayStation Camera. Sit comfortably within six feet of the camera.
- Clean the camera sensor and lens with a microfiber cloth.
If none of the solutions worked, then it’s probably a hardware issue and you need to call Sony.
Fix HTC Vive VR Tracking Issues
If your movements aren’t being tracked by HTC Vive, follow these instructions.
- Place the headset inside the playing zone.
- If the power on the VR Head Mounted Display (HMD) was turned off and then back on, restart the SteamVR application.
- Connect the HDMI cable to the HDMI connector on your computer’s graphics card.
- If you’re experiencing any issues with SteamVR, restart the SteamVR app. It will automatically update itself and install any necessary fixes.
Fix Oculus Tracking Issues
If your Oculus Rift headset cannot track your movements while using Windows 10, adjust the settings for the tracking system.
If you’re having trouble setting up your Rift, restart your computer and continue through the Oculus Setup Wizard until you see the “Set Up Your Sensors” screen. Then unplug the sensors for a few seconds and replug them.
- Make sure USB drivers are updated.
- Plug the sensor into another USB port.
- If you’re having trouble using Oculus Go, restart the app and see if that helps.
Fix Valve Index Tracking Issues
One easy solution for tracking errors on the Vive Index is to charge ports. The issue is similar with the Oculus Quest when it doesn’t have sufficient bandwidth on USB. To resolve this, simply plug the sensors or cables into a 3A USB power supply.
How to Fix VR Headset Not Turning On?
You’ll need several cables to connect your VR headset, processing box, and PS4 console together. These include a USB cord, two HDMI cords, a charging cord, and one for connecting directly to the headset.
Before you start troubleshooting your headphones, you need to check whether the cable is plugged into the correct port.
Fix PSVR Headset Not Turning On
If your headphones aren’t working properly, there may be something wrong with your computer’s operating system or some sort of hardware issue.
- Go to Settings > choose Devices.
- Next, choose PlayStation VR software.
- Make sure that the power supply’s LED indicator is white. If it is red, shut down your computer and remove the power supply from its socket.
- After unplugging, plug back in your console and headset. Try turning them on again.
- Make sure that all HDMI and USB cords are plugged into their correct ports.
- Clean the attachment sensors located at the front of the headphones with a clean cloth.
Fix HTC Vive VR Headset Not Turning On
If you notice that the processor unit’s LED is flashing red, try these solutions to fix the problem.
- Plug the headset into the link port on the back of the TV.
- Make sure that the cable connecting the power supply and the computer is plugged into the right port.
- Restart the link by unplugging and replugging the power adapter into an electrical outlet.
Fix Oculus VR Headset Not Turning On
If you’re having trouble getting your Oculus Rifts to turn on, check if they’re up to date and if the sensors are plugged into a 3.0 USB slot.
Fix Valve Index VR Headset Not Turning On
All four headsets use the same method for tracking head movements. However, they differ in their software.
- Make sure your headset has enough power, USB, display port, PC, and breakaway connectors.
- Make sure that the USB cable is fully plugged into the headset.
- Update your video drivers, including the high-definition audio component
- From the SteamVR menu, go to Devices > Restarts the device.
VR is one of the coolest pieces of equipment one can get for playing games. However, the VR headset has a major issue that ruins all the fun.
We’ve compiled every possible issue with the Oculus Rift and provided a solution for each one. Just choose your device and follow the instructions.
If you face any similar types of problems, do mention them in the comment section.