As part of its annual financial report, Capcom has confirmed a significant increase in new game releases in the fiscal year 2023.
Capcom plans to ship 45 new titles in 2023. This appears to confirm that Capcom doesn’t have any major gaps or dips in its release schedule, but the publisher’s upcoming lineup is still a secret.
We have two separate pieces of news for upcoming Capcom games. One was officially announced by Capcom, and the other was a rumored version that leaked in late 2020. So in this article, we will let you know the insight of both versions.
In this article, we will discuss.
- Capcom officially announced games.
- Capcom leaked game info.
- General info on each game.
Let’s get into it.
Games that Capcom is Currently Working On
Capcom is a studio that has been hit hard by the pandemic, and its plans have been significantly delayed. Since 2020, Capcom has regained strength year after year, increasing both game releases and sales.
According to Capcom’s financial report, this trend is expected to continue and expand significantly in the coming years.
For the moment, the only confirmed title on the docket is Exoprimal, Pragmata, and Resident Evil Village DLC.
Here is the overview of each game.
Exoprimal is a team-based online action game that pits humanity’s most advanced exosuit technology against history’s most ferocious beasts, the dinosaurs.
Exosuits groped into different roles, and the player pilots these exosuits against overwhelming hordes of dinosaurs in team-based online action game modes. The main game mode, Dino Survival, sees two teams of five players compete in diverse PvP and PvE missions.
Players will be transported to the scene of the latest dinosaur outbreak and follow Leviathan’s instructions to complete objectives. To emerge victorious teams will needs to complete the mission first.
The goal is to complete the objective as quickly as possible irrespective of the means to achieve it. Missions vary based on player skill and other factors.
Exoprimal will be released in 2023 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and Steam.
Pragmata is a sci-fi adventure game developed by Capcom. Initially, it was scheduled for a 2022 release, but later it was changed to 2023.
Pragmata’s story will most likely take place on the moon, with excursions on the desolate lunar surface and a vast underground lunar complex filled with skyscrapers, cars, and domes with digital screens simulating the sky.
In the trailer, you can see the astronaut and the girl popping out of a hole in the dome. The girl working with the astronaut is likely a robot or some sort of artificial intelligence.
Finally, the lunar colony society in Capcom’s new game seems to be oppressive, apocalyptic, or a mix of both, prompting the protagonist to escape this closed system and return to Earth.
Pragmata will be released in 2023 for Microsoft Windows, Xbox Series X, Series S, and PlayStation 5.
Resident Evil Village DLC
Released in 2021, Resident Evil Village has sold over 6 million copies worldwide, but Capcom hasn’t finished supporting this gothic adventure yet.
Finally, the highly anticipated Winters’ Expansion DLC will arrive this October 28th, adding new modes and gameplay possibilities, further expanding existing features and new story content.
In this post, we would like to give you insight into the three pieces of content in the DLC. These three content pieces are:
- Third-Person Mode
- The Mercenaries Additional Orders
- Shadows of Rose
It will be released on 20 Oct 2022 for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S
Capcom Leaked Games
In late 2020 Capcom was the victim of a major ransomware cyberattack that leaks their plans for the next four years. Some of the major titles that are leaked are discussed below.
If the information from Capcom’s big leak is correct, fans are likely to have some remakes in store which includes the following:
- The first big Capcom remake is the highly-anticipated Resident Evil 4 remake. It was leaked years ago by reliable industry insiders and it is aiming for release in March 2023.
- In the second quarter of 2024, Capcom plans to release a remake of Final Fight, marking the first entry in the beaten-up franchise since 2006’s Final Fight: Streetwise, which critics panned at the time of its release.
- Power Stone Remake, slated for release in Q3 2024, is a unique arena fighting game that has developed a huge fan base. The company has previously remade Power Stone and its sequel for Sony’s PSP handheld, so it’s certainly not an exaggeration that it will do it again for modern gaming devices.
In the big Capcom leak, Some of the more interesting games named are sequels to existing franchises, including some sequels that fans have been a long time to play.
- This includes Dragon’s Dogma 2, which is scheduled for release in 2023. Dragon’s Dogma 2 has been hinted at in the past, so it seemed like it was only a matter of time before the game was released.
- There’s also Mega Man Match, slated to launch in Q3 of 2023. Not much is known about what Mega Man Match actually is. Its name might be just an active title, but it could also be an indication of what fans can expect from the project, in terms of gameplay
- The most hyped sequel mentioned in the Capcom leak is Monster Hunter 6. Monster Hunter World is one of Capcom’s most successful video games ever, and so it is obvious that the company is being more aggressive with Monster Hunter releases.
- Another surprising sequel listed in the leak is called Onimusha New Work. Considering the poor sales of the Onimusha Remaster, it’s a little strange to think Capcom is pushing the development of a new game in the series and it is slated for release in Q4 2022,
Capcom’s main franchises are Monster Hunter and Resident Evil, but the company’s Street Fighter series is still hugely popular.
- Street Fighter 6 has not been officially announced, but the leak says that Capcom fans can expect to play the game in Q4 of 2022. Capcom will iterate on Street Fighter 6, releasing new versions of it that will possibly include some gameplay tweaks, new features, and roster additions.
- Super Street Fighter 6 will be released in Q4 2023 and Ultra Street Fighter 6 in Q4 2024.
Only Capcom knows what they have planned for the next few years. The pandemic has changed the game’s publisher’s plans in an unclear way.
What is clear is that Capcom plans to release many games, many of which have yet to be announced. Furthermore, Capcom expects them to be very successful and It’s going to be an exciting year for Capcom fans.
With this, we reach the end of our article on “What games are Capcom currently working on?”. Do let us know what you think in the comments below.