Are you looking to buy Samsung Gear VR? Then you need to know the controllers that work with them.
Let’s look into it.
What Controllers Work with Samsung Gear VR?
The best controller for Samsung Vr is the Gear Vr controller.
Using a Samsung Gear VR Controller
To get started, you’ll first need to pair your smartphone with the Samsung Gear VR headset.
To pair your controller:
- Open the Oculus app on your smartphone to pair it with your headset.
- Tap More and then tap Controllers.
- Plug two AAAs into the charger and then press and hold down the power button until the LED lights up. While your phone is searching for your charger, the LED light at its base will cycle through red, yellow, orange, green, and blue. When the light turns from blue to green, tap Pair.
- Press next and then use the on-screen instructions for calibration.
- To pair your controller, first select whether you want to play left-handed or right-handed. Then tap next to complete the pairing.
You can switch between using one hand and two hands for controlling your game by going back into your control panel.
To unpair your controller, follow these steps:
Unpair your controller from your smartphone by going to its Bluetooth settings.
Your controller has these four main functions:
- Trigger: Press to select things
- Touchpad: Press for selection; swipe for browsing.
- Back button: Press once to go back or press twice to access the universal menu.
- Home button: To return to Oculus Home, just tap the Home button or keep holding it until you see the menu pop up.
- Volume buttons: Press them to increase or decrease the volume.
Note: Some games don’t fully support the Gear VR controllers. If you see an unsupported symbol next to the title, then you won’t be able to use the Gear VR controllers.
What Controllers Work with Samsung Gear VR?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What controllers are compatible with Gear VR?
The Gear VR Controller supports Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy 8+. It also supports older devices such as Galaxy S7, Galaxy 7 Edge, Galaxy 6, Galaxy 6 Edge, Galaxy 5, and Galaxy Note 5.
The Samsung Gear VR will come with a controller that supports both micro USB and USB type C ports. It will also include a carrying case for the controller.
Is Samsung Gear VR still supported?
You may notice some changes to certain apps when using Gear VR. For example, Oculus 360 Photos won’t be available for downloading anymore. And, Oculus Video will not be available to watch after September 2020.
How do I fix my Gear VR controller?
If you’re having trouble connecting your headset to your phone, here’s how to troubleshoot the problem.
- Open the Oculus app on your phone.
- Tap More, then select Controller.
- Tap your controller below paired controllers.
- Click in the top right corner, then click Recalibrate.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to recalibrate your controller.
Can you buy replacement VR controllers?
Yes, you can buy replacement Touch Controllers for either the Oculus Quest 2 or Oculus Go directly from Oculus. If you’ve only broken or damaged one controller, you can also buy them separately.
How do you reset a Samsung VR controller?
Open the Bluetooth settings in your smartphone.
Select the Gear VR headset from the list of paired devices.
Tap the Gear icon next to the headset name. Tap Unpair. Return to the Oculus mobile application and select the Gear VR headset again. Connect the device.
Why won’t my VR controllers turn on?
If you press and hold the system key for at least five seconds, then turn off the controller and restart it, then try again.
Plug the second controller into another USB port and then connect the first controller to the computer via its own USB cable. Check if the controllers are detected on the SteamVR Dashboard.
How do I fix the VR controller not tracking?
If you’re having trouble with controller tracking issues, here are some things to consider.
- Check the Headset Tracking Cameras Are Clean.
- Too Bright or Too Dark.
- LEDs and Mirrors.
- Controllers Are out of or Low on Battery.
- Change Tracking Frequency.
How do I fix my VR drift controller?
First, spray some compressed air into the controller housing to remove any large particles inside. Then, use a small amount of contact cleaning solution or at least 90 percent isopropyl alcohol and wipe the controller until it dries.
How do I fix my Oculus touch controller?
- Make sure your Rift headset and computer are up-to-date.
- Connect your Touch controllers before starting the game.
- Make sure your Touch controller doesn’t have low battery power
- Make sure you haven’t changed where your sensors are located.
- Make sure there aren’t any objects obstructing your sensors.
How long do Oculus touch controllers last?
It’d be nice if they lasted longer than the other gadgets in my house. According to Oculus engineers’ estimates, the controllers should run for around 30 hours on one charge without haptics, and 20 hours with them.
How long is the Oculus controller warranty?
2 years warranty on all products.
How do I pair a replacement Oculus controller?
To connect your controllers, go to Settings > Bluetooth and select the device you want to use for input. Then press and hold the and button on your right controller or the and button on your left controller until they blink and light up.
Are Oculus Controllers interchangeable?
Rift S Touch Controllers are very different from Rift CV1 Touch Controllers, and they are not interchangeable.
Can you use different Controllers with Oculus Quest 2?
Yes, but there aren’t any third-party Oculus Touch alternatives, but if you use a Bluetooth gamepad, you can connect it to an Oculus Quest 2 headset to play games using the original controllers.
Samsung Gear VR has been a great way to experience virtual reality since its launch in 2016. It was our first foray into mobile VR and it paved the way for future generations of VR hardware.
The original Gear VR was released alongside the Galaxy Note 4, so it was designed to work with that device.
If you have any questions feel free to comment below.