Hulu is the perfect choice for beginners who want to cut the cable cord because it offers a wide array of pricing plans and has support for several different devices.
There’s one feature of Hulu that even long-time users may not be aware of VR programming.
Here’s everything you should know about Hulu VR.
How to Watch Hulu in VR?
With the Hulu VR mobile application, you can stream Hulu content in virtual reality (VR). Download the Hulu VR mobile application from Google Play Store or iTunes.
Downloading the Hulu App for the Oculus Go
The Oculus Go recently saw a price drop that was worldwide. This means the app will be downloaded on this platform more often than it already was. Downloading the Hulu app is no different. You’re ready to watch your favorite show quickly!
You can download Hulu from the oculus store using the oculus companion app on your mobile phone or tablet. Or while wearing an oculus go headset.
- Go to the Oculus Home screen with your mouse to click on the Oculus Store icon.
- Choose or search for Hulu
- Use the mouse pointer to select text.
- Click here to install for free, then click “Confirm” when prompted.
After downloading the app, you will be able to sign in to the Hulu app by using either the on-screen keyboard or the device activation codes.
Downloading the Hulu App for the Oculus Rift Platform
The Oculus Rift Platform has just released its latest addition to the family with the release of the Rift S. Although the new headset isn’t selling as well as the Oculus Quest, it is still seeing some good sales figures. If you want to watch live TV and play games using a tethered VR headset, download the Hulu app for the Oculus Rift Platform.
- When using your Oculus Rift VR Head Mounted Display (HMD), point at the Oculus Store icon on the screen.
- Select the store by tapping the select buttons on your Oculus Remote or on your Xbox controller.
- Choose Hulu from the “favorites” section.
- Use the on-‐page pointer to highlight free.
- Press the Select button on your remote or controller to confirm your choice.
Downloading the Hulu App on the Gear VR headsets
The Samsung Gear VR/Oculus Gear VR headsets are slowly fading away, but Hulu wants to keep them alive by offering its apps and content on as many devices as possible. This is an excellent option for anyone who has a Gear VR device. Enjoy your Hulu live TV and movie experience in a whole new virtual world!
- When using your Samsung Gear VR headset for the first time, go to the Oculus Home screen (the main menu).
- Use the on-screen pointer to navigate through the oculus store.
- Press the touchpad on the left side of your headset to open the store
- Select All or Samsung Galaxy S8
- Select Hulu
- To install or free an app, use the on-screen cursor to select Install or Free, then press the touchpad to confirm your choice.
Downloading the Hulu App for Google Daydream View
The DayDream View from Google is a device that has been slowly fading away with the progress of VR tech, but many people are continuing to use it.
Google has been killing off updates lately, but that hasn’t stopped Hulu from releasing an Android app for its service. Google Daydream VR remains one of the best ways to consume content on your phone.
- Open up your Home screen.
- Click the Google Play Store icon.
- Type Hulu into Google and click on the first result.
- Click the Hulu icon
- Click the “Download” button, then tap “OK”.
Downloading the Hulu App for Microsoft Mixed Reality
Despite having been pulled off most of the digital and physical shelves, there is still quite a bit of human beings using them.
Streaming VR videos are still awesome, but if you want to download apps for your headset, you’ll need to use an emulator.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the start menu
- Launch Microsoft Store
- Visit Hulu VR
- To install free software, use the mouse pointer to select Install for Free, then click OK.
- After downloading the app, you will be able to sign in to the Hulu app by using either the on-screen keyboard or the device’s passcode.
What is Hulu VR (Virtual Reality)?
With Hulu VR, you can now enjoy Hulu’s vast library of TV episodes and films in virtual reality. You can browse through your favorite series and films by browsing through a 360-degree 3D interface or sit down in front of your television and watch them in real time.
Watch your favorite show on Hulu’s exclusive VR programming, including “The Handmaid’s Tale,” “Black Mirror,” and “Westworld.”
With Hulu via VR, you get an immersive viewing environment without having to deal with any distractions from your surroundings. You don’t have to worry about your roommate watching his favorite show when you’re trying to watch yours.
Hulu VR is more than just a virtual reality hang-out for your favorite TV show. It’s an immersive experience where you can watch your favorite movies and TV series.
What Can You Watch on Hulu VR?
Subscribers to Hulu can view Hulu’s entire library through its VR glasses, with Showtime currently being the add-on TV network supporting the service. Shows watched in Hulu VR are still shown in 2-D unless specifically noted.
If you want to watch 360-degree VR programming online, however, Hulu still offers the most content. With over 100 VR shows available, ranging from sports to comedy to short films, Hulu has the largest collection of VR content.
Hulu VR Programs
- The Big One
- MythBusters: Shark Shipwreck
- MythBusters: Sharks Everywhere
- Puppy Bowl XII Highlights
- Gold Rush: Welcome to McKinnon Creek
- Survivorman: Guzzling Water
- Sunset Helicopter Tour of the Las Vegas Strip
- Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area
- Gondola Ride at The Venetian Las Vegas
- 3D Jaguar – Close Encounter
- Encounter w Monarch Butterflies
- Joshua Tree Timelapse
- Yellowstone Park
- A Grizzly’s Sense of Smell
- The Crossing
- Growing Up Girl
- Act in Paris
- For My Son
- Seeking Home
- Adrenaline Rush: Learn to Freestyle
- New Wave
- Rapid Fire: A Brief History of Flight
- Lip Sync Battle – Kevin Hart performs “Slam” by Onyx
- Lip Sync Battle – Joseph Gordon-Levitt performs “Rhythm Nation” by Janet Jackson
- Lip Sync Battle – Josh Gad as Donald Trump performs “I Touch Myself” by The Divinyls
- Fort Minor – “Welcome”
Hulu VR Devices
1) PlayStation VR
Sony’s PlayStation VR includes a VR headset, stereo headphones, and a power cable. You’ll need a PlayStation 4 game console to use the device.
PlayStation VR can play new-gen video games that other gaming consoles on this list cannot, but the initial starting cost is high.
2) Oculus Go
If you want a standalone VR experience, Oculus Go is a good option. It doesn’t need any additional hardware to function.
Log into your Wi-Fi and then just go straight to downloading apps like Hulu onto your phone. The headset has a remote so you can interact with apps and play games.
3) Samsung Gear VR
If you’re an existing user of Samsung Galaxy phones, then you might want to consider Oculus Gear.
Plug your Galaxy smartphone into the Gear VR headset and use its remote controller to interact with applications and play games.
4) Oculus Rift
If you thought the PS4 would be the most expensive option at $400, then you’re in for a surprise when you see the price tag on the HTC Vive. It’s designed with advanced VR games and computer software in mind, so it’s the ultimate in-home VR technology.
With its two Oculus Touch Controlers, six free games, the best tracking in VR Rift, and a computer with Windows 8.1, a 64-bit system, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti / AMD Raderon X470 or greater graphics card, and 8 GB of RAM, it requires a high-end PC.
5) Google Daydream
If you’re looking for an affordable way to experience virtual reality, consider Google Daydream. It works with most smartphones and includes a remote control, so you don’t need to hold up your phone to navigate.
One downside is that Daydream only works with certain phones. If you want to know whether your phone is compatible with Google Daydream, visit this page.
6) Microsoft Mixed Reality
Microsoft has announced plans to release several mixed-reality devices under the brand name “Mixed Reality.” These include a headset, HoloLens 2, which features an augmented reality display, and a standalone device, Windows MR.
Each device requires different specifications for Mixed Reality to function properly. Make sure to double-check that your computer meets these requirements before purchasing.
We hope this article was helpful to you. Let us know what you think about the Hulu VR app in the comments below.