Are you wondering how you can show VR on the monitor?
Let’s find out.
How to Show VR on Monitor?
- From the VR app menu, tap Cast, then tap Casting.
- To cast something from one device to another, first select the device you wish to send the content to, then tap the Cast button.
- If you don’t immediately get a connection after tapping Other Devices, then tap Other Devices again to look for another device.
How to Mirror Oculus Go to Your TV or Computer?
With the Oculus Go, you can share your VR experiences directly from your smartphone. It’ll be a unique way for friends and family to watch what you’ve been up to inside the Oculus Go, straight from their phones.
But consider this:
Will your friends and families really want to crowd around their tiny phones to watch all your VR experiences?
Yes, but you don’t need a larger screen. It’s not possible to natively stream an Oculus Go to any other type of screen without using the Oculus Go headset.
Unless you use Reflector.
A screen mirroring device called Reflect allows your computers to wirelessly mirror their displays to your Mac or PC. It works by taking video from your phone or tablet and sending it to your laptop or desktop via Wi‑Fi.
How Does Casting Work on the Oculus Go?
You don’t need any special equipment to play games in VR. Just use the Oculus Go headset and the Oculus mobile application.
- To download the Oculus app for your mobile device, go to the App Store or Google Play Store.
- Install Reflector on your Mac/Windows PC. Ensure that Reflector and Oculus Go (if using) are updated.
- Make sure that your phone, computer, and Oculus go are connected to the same wireless router.
- Open the Reflector tool on your computer.
- Start screen mirroring your mobile device to Reflector.
- Put on your Oculus Go headset.
- Select the share option from the menu and then select Cast.
- When the “Headset Casting” window opens, press “Start.’
- Open the Oculus Go app by tapping the notification that appears on your smartphone.
- Now that you’ve connected your computer to a TV using an HDMI cord, you’re ready to share your virtual reality experiences with anyone else in the house by simply connecting them to their own TVs.
How to Use Multiple Monitors in VR with Bigscreen?
It can be difficult to find enough room for multiple screens on your desk. Buying desk mounts, buying mounting plates, and paying hundreds of dollars for fancy, high-resolution displays can quickly add up.
Dual monitors have been widely reported and discussed, so they’re definitely worth investigating.
Option 1: Buy Display Emulators “Headless Ghosts”
There are several options for tricking your computer into thinking there are multiple monitors. The easiest way would be to buy a display emulator.
They cost between $10-$20, which is affordable for most people to purchase.
Note: If you’re using an HTC Vive/ Oculus Rift with an Nvidia GPU then you probably have one HDMI port which is already used by the VR headset. We would therefore recommend purchasing a DisplayPort version emulator instead of HDMI.
Option 2: Connect Your Monitor with Multiple Display Cables
With this option, you can connect your computer to your TV via HDMI, VGA, or DisplayPort cable. You can then use your computer to display two screens at once.
If your monitor (and GPU), support it, then it might be a cheaper alternative than purchasing display emulators.
Option 3: Using Software Emulations
If neither of the two first options works for your configuration, then you may want to consider software like Spacedesks which is a bit longer to set up than the first option.
Moving Windows between Monitors
If you’re using an application on one of your monitors and you need to open up a new window, chances are that it will be displayed in the middle of the screen where everyone else is looking at.
To quickly switch between monitors, press the Windows key + Shift + arrow keys.
You can also use Windows and monitors from Bigscreen with your Touch or Vive controllers.
Show/Hide Monitors in Bigscreen
If you have too many screens, you might want to consider hiding some of them. To do so, go to Tablet > Customize your screen > Monitoner 2 > “Hide this monitor”.
How to Cast Your Meta Quest 2 to a PC or Mac?
- Make sure your Quest2 and your computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi router.
- Open a Google Chrome or Microsoft Internet Explorer browser on your computer.
- Log into Meta’s Oculus casting portal by going to its URL in your web browser.
- On your Quest 2 headset, press the Oculus button located on the right side of your Touch Controller to open the universal sharing screen. Select “Sharing” from the bottom toolbar.
- Select “Sharing” from the menu.
- On the next screen, there may be several casting choices depending on which devices you’ve connected to your network. Choose “Computer.”
- Click “Done” at the bottom of the screen. A red dot will appear in the upper right-hand side of your vision indicating that you’ve cast to your web browser.
If you want to cast your Quest 2 to your smartphone, first download the Oculus mobile app for iOS or Android.
Then, sign into the same account you use when playing on Quest 2. Make sure both the Quest 2 and your smartphone are connected to the same Wi-Fi router.
How to Cast Your Meta Quest 2 to a TV Using Chromecast?
Cast your Quest 2 game to a television using a Chromecast or television with Chromecast functionality.
If you click on any links within this article, we may get a commission from them. However, we only recommend products we use ourselves, so you’re not paying for anything you don’t need.
After connecting your Chromecast to your TV and Wi‑Fi networks using the out-of-the-box instructions, follow these steps to stream your Quest 2 game from your phone or tablet to your TV screen:
- On your Quest 2 headset, press the Oculus button located on the right side of your Touch Controller to open the Universal Menus. Select “Sharing” from the bottom toolbar.
- Select “Cast” from the sharing menu.
- You should see your Chromecast listed here as an available device; select it.
- To start casting, select “Done” from the bottom of the menu and there should be a red dot appear in the upper right-hand corner of your screen. Your quest should be immediately visible on the TV.
If you’re looking for an easy way to show off your new VR experience without having to put on a headset yourself, try using Google Cast to stream your content from your PC or Mac to your TV.
It’s simple, fun, and best yet doesn’t require you to use any special equipment.
If you have any questions feel free to comment below.