If you’ve got a PlayStation VR (PSVR), you don’t need to waste time slowly working out how to join it on your PlayStation 4 (PS4). You just want to play some quality VR video games.
there are two forms of PlayStation VR headsets, consisting of CUH-ZVR1 and CUH-ZVR2. Initial set-up ranges for the 2 are identical, but they vary toward the end of the process.
Now that you have an idea about the product you bought, let’s move on to things that are required.
In this article, we will cover:
- How can you set up a PS4 VR?
- Features of PS4 VR
- Which type is better from CUH-ZR1 or CUH-ZR2?
- Proper guide for setup
- Answers to some questions you might have
So without further discussion, let’s get right into it.
How Can You Set up a PS4 VR?
You do have to make sure you recognize the version you’ve got so you can get through this guide easier.
The CUH-ZVR1 has a sliding cowl at the processor unit and the power button is on the headset connection cable.
However, the CUH-ZVR2 variant doesn’t have a sliding cowl at the processor unit and its electricity button is at the headset immediately.
ZVR2 is likewise able to HDR passthrough, making it a better version to use with the PS4 Pro and your vibrant 4K TV.
You’ll additionally need a PS Camera to get PlayStation VR to work. These don’t come as general with the PSVR set, but you could buy a Starter Kit package deal that consists of one.
Features and Pros & Cons
The following table shows the features of a CUH-ZR1 and CUH-ZR2 so it helps you identify the system you bought or are thinking of buying.
- Power button is on the remote
- Serial number starts with P01, or P02
- Sliding cover on processor unit
- Headphones aren’t integrated into the headset
- Power button is on the underside of the headset scope
- Serial number starts with the words P03
- It is a solid processor unit, no slide
- Allows HDR to pass through when playing on a 4K television
Which Type Is Better From CUH-ZR1 and CUH-ZR2?
There is a big chance that Sony will cut the price of the PSVR CUH-ZVR1 version to clean inventory.
In case you’re now not concerned about the HDR oversight, you may get an excellent rate, you could as well cross for the launch model which is the PSVR CUH-ZR1 version.
The specs, display screen, and all different functions are equal in any case.
If you happen to own a 4K television and use HDR, though, you’re going to want to invest a little more for the PlayStation VR CUH-ZVR2, as the introduced comfort will truly improve your enjoyment.
Now that we have covered the features, let’s discuss the pros and cons of a Playstation 4 overall.
- Good selection of games
- Comfortable to wear with glasses
- Good quality performance
- Achieves full VR sensation
- Doesn’t come with required accessories
- Processor unit needs to be unplugged to power down
- Only one camera tracking system
Proper Guide to Set Up
Before you set up anything, you have to make sure your PS4 and television are turned off. Then follow these steps:
- First, you need to connect your processor unit to your TV. You need to use the long HDMI cable that comes with the PS4. Then connect the PS camera to the PS4.
- Second, put the camera at least 1.4 meters above the ground.
- Take the PSVR unit to the back of the PS4 console using the HDMI cable and then to the front of the console using the USB cable.
- Third, take the AC power cord and attach it to the processor unit and then use the other end and plug it into a power socket.
- From here, let’s discuss the process of setting up the two models we discussed above.
How to connect PlayStation VR: Set-up for CUH-ZR1
If you want to set up your device, you need to:
- Firstly, find the headphones jack in the in-line remote that is included in the head-set cable and connect it to your headphones.
- Secondly, attach the two PSVR HDMI connection cables. To do this, you’ll need to slide the VR HDMI port cover which is on the right side of the VR processor unit.
- After sliding, you’ll expose the sockets.
- Match up the four PS symbols to their counterparts on the cables, and then slide the port cover back into place.
- Connect the PSVR HDMI cable to the headset. Then turn on the TV, and PS4, then hit the power button on the in-line remote.
- Lastly download the PlayStation VR device software and carefully read the instructions before continuing to optimize your VR headset.
How to connect PlayStation VR: Set-up for CUH-ZR2
The steps are:
- Firstly, find the headphones jack on the headband and connect it to your headphones.
- Secondly, the two PSVR cables should go into the processor unit. You can check by matching up the symbols that are on there.
- Thirdly, turn on the TV and then PS4. Press the power button on the headset and you’re good to go.
- Lastly, follow the instructions for optimization in the VR headset.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Why won’t my PS4 VR connect?
You can try unplugging the VR headset connection cable and then plugging it back in. You can also try another USB port on your console.
If you unplug the headset and put it directly into the processor unit, that happens to work, it means there’s an issue with your headset connection cable.
What does the USB on the PSVR do?
The USB port allows the PS4 to control the function of the processor unit, which enables it to become a virtual reality digital display.
Can you use PSVR without a camera?
You’ll need to use the PS camera for PS4, the PS camera adaptor comes with the PS4. There’s no additional purchase required.
Can you watch TV on PSVR?
You can use PSVR to watch anything, including streaming apps. You can install and log in to these to watch their entire libraries through your headset.
Can two people who use PS VR headsets play together on one PS4 console?
The PS4 headset only supports one person at a time, so, unfortunately, that is not possible.
Now that you understand how to make your PlayStation work for you, let’s conclude with some additional tips.
It is essential to keep your play area clean, that also means you need to clean your PSVR lenses. A good headset fit will make the playing even better.
Remember to charge all devices and also remember to take frequent breaks from being in virtual reality.
You also need to make sure your tracking lights are set up correctly, you can optimize this by going into settings and measuring eye-to-eye distance.
You can also set the inter-pupillary distance this way.
Now that you’re on your merry way to a world of fun, don’t forget to leave us a comment below and let us know how your experience was.