If you want to experience virtual reality, the Samsung Gear VR is one way to go. It’s cheap and easy to use.
Let’s find out how you can recenter your Gear VR easily.
How to Recenter Gear VR?
To reorient the device, press and keep pressing the Home button until the circular icon appears. Once the icon has disappeared, the device is oriented correctly.
Samsung Gear VR Review
If you want the best headset for your phone, then get the best headset for your compatible Samsung phone.
- It’s very easy to set up.
- Not as interactive
- limited compatibility
This headset is extremely comfortable to wear and offers an incredible experience. It’s easy to operate and while it doesn’t provide the same level of interactivity as the tethered ones, this product costs less than half of them.
If you’re interested in VR and want a new phone, then Gear VR should suffice as a reason to switch to Samsung’s side. You don’t have to spend a lot, nor will you need an expensive computer to play most of its games, unlike the premium Oculus and HTC ones.
With its improved comfort, this third-generation Gear VR allows you to play for longer periods of time, and the addition of an integrated motion controller greatly enhances the interactiveness of the VR experience.
Samsung Gear VR – Install the Mobile Device
Connecting your GearVR to your computer requires following some simple instructions.
- Pull gently at the top of the case to lift up the front cover.
- Make sure the device holder is in its correct place for the device you’re using.
- If you’re using a Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ or Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, position A (out) is for you.
- If you’re using a Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, or Samsung Galaxy Note 5, position A (in).
- Green dots indicate the current settings.
- Make sure your phone is turned on, and the volume isn’t muted.
- Insert the mobile phone into the left side of the Gear VR headset and plug the cable into its USB slot.
- Pull the right device outwards.
- Insert the headset into the Gear VR, and then press the right side of the Gear VR until it clicks into place.
- Make sure the alignment tab on either side of the screen is visible.
- If you don’t properly align the device, you could experience discomfort and misalignment of the lenses.
- Reinstall the protective case.
- The front cover helps secure the mobile phone.
Get Started with YouTube VR – YouTube Help
With the YouTube VR app, you can easily discover and watch 360 videos and VR content with certain headsets and mobile phones.
Sign in to Youtube
- From the main menu, select Account.
- Click “Sign In.”
- Choose an account from which to send messages.
Sign in to Oculus Go and Oculus Quest
- From the Home page, click Account.
- Click Sign In.
- You’ll be given an activation code.
- Go to https://www.youtube.com/v/VRActivate.
- Enter the activation code.
- When prompted, sign in. If you have multiple accounts, choose the one you use for YouTube. Otherwise, just click “Skip.”
- Once logged into the app, you’ll be automatically logged in on your Oculus Go/Quest device.
- Press the App button on your remote control.
- Click the grid with your game controls.
- Click Search
- Choose keyboard.
- Enter what you’re looking for.
- You can filter your searches by selecting from one or more of these options: 360°, 3d, live, 4k, and cc.
- When playing a video, press the App button on your gamepad or tap the touch screen to access the player control panel.
- You control the game by performing various actions:
- Click here to adjust the volume. You can also click here to adjust the volume
- Click here to go back to the previous video.
- Click the next video link.
- You can also adjust your playback settings in the video controls menu.
Note: You can use your hand instead of your Touch Controler if you’re using an Oculus Quest 2 (or Quest) device.
- Click Settings
- Click Environment.
- Choose the desired environment.
- You can zoom in or out on any video.
- To zoom out, swipe your finger down on the touchpad.
- To zoom out, slide your finger on the touchpad.
- If you want to dismiss the game controls, click the “App” button or touch the screen again.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do you adjust gear VR?
Setting up your Oculus Video settings for your Gear VR
- On your phone’s home screen from Settings, tap.
- Tap Apps > Oculus Video.
- You can adjust the setting here to change the way things look.
How do I fix my gear VR controller?
If you’re having trouble connecting your headset to your phone, here’s how to fix it.
- Open the Oculus app on your phone.
- Tap More, then select Controller.
- Tap your controller below paired controllers.
- Click in the top right corner, then click Recalibrate.
- Follow the on- screen directions to calibrate your controller.
Why is my Oculus gear VR not working?
If the Oculus app fails to load, manually close the application and restart the device. Try rebooting the device and trying again. Finally, uninstall and then re-install the Oculus app.
What is Gear VR on my Samsung phone?
What Is The Use For Samsung Gear VR? The Gear VR is an accessory for your smartphone that allows you to view virtual reality experiences through your device’s screen. You can also watch videos and play games.
Why should I uninstall Gear VR?
After Oculus ended its technical support for the Gear VR app, the Gear VR services are no longer available for OneUI 4. Please remove the apps from your device.
Did Samsung give up on VR?
Recently, Samsung has been retreating away from VR. It officially stopped making Gear VR devices last year.
Do you need a controller for Gear VR?
You don’t need a Gear VR headset to play most of the best games currently in the Oculus app.
The Gear VR is one of the cheapest of mobile VR headsets but sometimes has issues.
We hope this article was helpful to you. Feel free to reach out to us in the comments below.