People often ask, how to connect Xbox one controller to gear VR.
Let’s find out!
How to Connect Xbox One Controller to Gear VR?
- First of all, you need a USB cable and an HDMI cable.
- Then plug the HDMI cable into your computer or laptop.
- Plug the other end of the HDMI cable into the Gear VR headset.
- Turn on the Gear VR headset. It will show a “Connecting…” message for about 5 seconds.
- Now, turn off the Gear VR headset. You can see that there is no connection between the two devices.
- Next, plug in the USB cable into your PC or laptop.
- After connecting the USB cable, it will take some time to recognize the device.
- Finally, open up the gamepad app on your phone.
- Select the option “Xbox 360 Controller” from the list.
- If everything goes well, you should be able to play games with the Xbox One controller.
Note: The above steps are only for Windows OS. For Mac users, please refer to this guide.
How to Set up Your Samsung Gear VR Controller?
Samsung Gear VR extends the functionality of your Samsung Galaxy smartphone by providing an immersive headset for viewing the content in virtual 3D space. It consists of two parts:
Headset: Connects to your Galaxy phone, which acts as the processing unit and displays for the Gear VR.
Controller: You use these devices to interact with and control experiences and video game content in VR.
This article shows you how to set up your Galaxy phone so that it works with your Gear VR. It also covers the process of setting up the Gear VR controller.
Before you get started, here are some things you
Before you start assembling your Gear VR system, check whether your phone will be compatible with Gear VR. There are six different Gear VR models available, and most are designed for use with Samsung smartphones running Android Lollipop version 5.0.1 (or later). Here are some of the current models:
- Galaxy S9 and S9+
- Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+
- Galaxy Note8
- Galaxy Note FE (Fan Edition)
- Galaxy A8 and Galaxy A8+
- Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge
- Galaxy Note5
- Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, and Galaxy S6 edge+
Gear VR is not compatible out of the box with Galaxy devices later than Galaxy S9. Galaxy S10, for example, requires a USB type-C (USB-C) adapter, while Galaxy Note10 is entirely incompatible. For more information about device compatibility, visit the Galaxy Support website.
Attach the Straps to the Gear VR Headset
Slide the wide strap through the rings on either side of the Gear VR headset, then fasten the Velcro tabs.
If your Gear VR headset has a second, narrower strap, insert the hook on one end of this strap under the metal bar on the top of the Gear VR headset. Then, snap it to secure the strap to the headset.
Slide the other end of the narrow strap through the loop in the center of the wide strap, then fasten the Velcro tab.
Connect Your Galaxy Device to the Gear VR Headset
- Remove the front panel from the Gear VR headset by opening the connectors on the front panel.
- You can use either a USB-C or microUSB connection for your Galaxy S7/S8/Note 8. If you want to change the connection from one type to another, follow these instructions:
- Slide the left side of the headphone jack to the unlocked position.
- Remove the headphone jack.
- Insert the correct plug into the right side of the headphone jack. Slide the left side of the headphone jack back to the locked position. Deactivate any screen locks on your phone before inserting it into the Gear VR.
- Depending on the model of your Galaxy phone, it might have a USB-C port or an older micro USB port.
- Before using your Galaxy phone with the Gear VR headset, deactivate any screen locks on your phone.
- Plug your Galaxy phone into the left connector on the Gear VR headset. Then, plug the right connector into the back of the phone.
- When you see the voice prompt, take off your Samsung Gear VR. You’ll see the “Welcome to the Samsung Gear VR” screen.
- When you hear the “voice prompt,” take off your Samsung phone from the Gear VR.
You’re now ready to use the Samsung Gear VR.
Install the Meta Quest App on Your Galaxy Device
- To install the Meta Quest app onto your Samsung phone, select “Next” to continue. Do not use the version of the MetaQuest app available through the Google Play store: It is incompatible with GearVR.
- Don’t install the version of the MetaQuest app available through the Google Play Store: it isn’t compatible with GearVR.
- Read the warning notice, agree, then click next.
- Read the warning notice, then click OK
- Click Install Now.
- On the next page, select
- On the Samsung Gear VR welcome page, select Start.
- On the Samsung Gear VR welcome page, select
- If you have an Oculus account, sign in now or create a new account. If any software updates are available, download and install them now.
- If you have an Oculus account, sign in now or create a new account.
- If any software updates are available, download and install them now.
- On the next page, select Turn on Bluetooth. Then, confirm the device permissions for enabling Bluetooth.
Pair the Gear VR Controller With Your Headset
- The Gear VR controller has two AAA batteries.
- On the Meta Quest app, click More (three horizontal lines) and then select Controllers.
- Select “In the Meta Quest app” from the menu bar at the top
- Insert the two AAA batteries that came with the GearVR controller.
- Press and hold the Home button on the remote control.
- When the LED on top of the remote control turns blue, press Pair.
- When the LED on top of the remote control turns blue, press the button on the remote control.
Calibrate the Gear VR Controller
- Select Next to calibrates your controller.
- Select Hold the gamepad in hand you plan on using, and then trace an “8” in the sky.
If you’re using an Xbox One X, select left-handed or right-handed, depending on whether you’d prefer to play games with your left or right hand. You can change which side you’d like to play with at any point by accessing the controller’s options menu.
- You can switch between using one hand and two hands at any time by opening up the controller settings.
- Pairing completes when the LED on the controller blinks green, and the “Gear VR Controller Paired” message displays on your phone.
- After the pairing is complete, an LED on the controller lights up green, and the “Gear VR Controller paired” message appears on your phone.
- Once the Gear VR controller setup is completed, your phone loads the Gear VR store connects to the Gear VR headset and you’re ready to use the Gear VR.
You can now use the Gear VR controllers to navigate the store, game, and access other apps and experiences.
We hope that this article was helpful. If you have any queries feel free to reach out in the comments section below.