With the help of some clever coding by the developers at Odd Sheeps Games, you can actually use your PlayStation VR headset to play games on your computer.
Trinus PSVR lets you use any game from your Steam library on your PlayStation 4 without installing anything extra.
You can also watch movies or TV shows in VR using the PlayStation 4 Pro console and its built-in headset. Here’s how to get started!
How to Connect PS4 VR to PC?
Before you Begin
Before you start, there are two things you need to keep in mind.
Trinus PSVR comes with a free demo that lasts until an undetermined date. You can download the demo version of Trinus PSVR at no cost if you want to see whether you enjoy playing it before buying it.
During checkout, the currency will be updated to just under $14 US dollars.
You can help the developers behind Trinus by buying their product, but they suggest you first try the product yourself.
There haven’t been any updates for the PS4 that have stopped its programs from functioning.
How to Install Trinus PSVR to Your Computer?
You need to get started with Trinus PSVR before you can play.
- Open your favorite web browser by clicking its icon on your Start menu, taskbar, or desktop.
- After downloading, click “Download” to go to a third-party site. Run a virus and malware check afterward to be safe.
- When the download finishes, click Run. If you need to run the program as administrator, then do so now.
- Click Accept to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click next. We’ll show you how to set up the camera later.
- After clicking next, choose where you want the file to be downloaded.
- After choosing where the shortcut for the program will be located on your computer, click next.
- After clicking next, decide whether you want a desktop icon or not.
- Click Install. After installing the driver, an installer window will appear.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
Once you’ve downloaded Trinus PSVR onto your PC, you can now start setting up your PSVR system.
How to Set Up Your PSVR to Use Trinus PSVR?
You need to physically connect your PlayStation VR headset to your computer before you play any games.
- Plug an HDMI cord into the PS4 HDMI input on the console.
- Plug the other end (the one not connected to the TV) of the HDMI cord into an HDMI port on the computer.
- Plug a USB to micro USB cable into the processing unit
- Plug the other end (the one not connected to the computer) of the USB to Micro USB cable into a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 socket on your PC. If you’re using USB 3.0, use the fastest speed available.
- Plug the PlayStation VR headset into the processing unit.
- Connect the processor’s plug to an electrical socket.
- You can turn on your PSVR by pressing the power switch on the PS VR inline cable.
How to Set up Trinus PSVR?
Once your PSVR is connected to your computer, you can start Trinus by launching it from Steam. Before doing so, ensure your PSVR console sits on a flat, stable surface.
- Right-click Trinus PSVR in either the Start menu or the desktop to launch it.
- To run the program as an administrator, click Run
- Click the Install button to install the app.
- If you click “Install,” Trinus should automatically find the Steam folder.
- Click the main menu item.
- Select the dropdown menu next to the PSVR display.
- Click DISPLAY1.
- Select VR mode from the dropdown menu the next time you play.
- Click the Assign Key button next to Reset View.
- Press a key on the keyboard to assign it to “reset” your VR headset.
- Check the box next to “Use Mouse Wheel.” This ensures you can use your mouse wheel to zoom into the game.
- Once the calibration has been completed, click Start. Trinus PS VR will now calibrate the device, so be sure it’s on a flat surface.
- Click Steam in the Start menu, or click the Desktop icon.
- To run the program as an administrator, click Run
- Click VR.
- Click Run Room Setup.
- Click Standing Only and then Next.
- Click the Calibrate button and then Next.
- Click the height field (or select it).
- Enter your weight in pounds or kilograms.
- Click Calibrate Floor and then Next.
- Click done. Now you’ll see a nice SteamVR home in split screen on your display.
- Pressing the Windows key + Shift + right arrow on your keyboard will allow you to move the headset screen into position so that you can use it as if you were using a Rift or Vive. You’ll then be able to see everything as though you were wearing one of these headsets.
Now you can play any SteamVR games on your PlayStation VR headset using your keyboard and mouse or controllers. Just press the “Alt” key on your keyboard to open the actual SteamVR window for your games.
You can play all of your Steam games in PlayStation VR using mouse mode. Most Steam titles don’t include built-in side-to-side support for playing them in PlayStation VR, but some do if you use an application called VorpX.
You can still play most standard games in cinematic mode using your PS4 Pro.
- Select the main menu option from the top of the TrinUS PSVR window.
- Select PC mode from the dropdown menu next to PC Mode.
- Click Mouse.
- Select non-virtual reality (non-VR) from the dropdown menu.
- If the game you’re currently using has side-by-side display capabilities, select “Side by Side.”
- Select VR mode from the menu at the top right corner of the screen.
- Click Cinematic.
- Click Start.
- Launch a non-virtual reality (non-VR) Steam
To move the same headset windows with a split view from your PC screen to your PS4, hit the Windows key + Shift+Right button on your keyboard until it moves away from your PC screen.
You don’t want to leave the actual game on your standard screen, so instead, you want to move it over to the PlayStation VR by pressing the Windows key + Shift + right arrow on your keyboard.
After moving it over to the PS4 Pro, you’ll see the VR experience on a large screen in the middle of the room.
With the new feature, you can play all your non-VR titles in cinematic view in PlayStation VR.
Still, Having Issues?
Trinus VR is currently a beta product, so there are some issues. Make sure your headset is pointed in the right direction when you start up the game.
You need to be careful not to move the PSVR too much when you first start playing because otherwise, it won’t be able to accurately track where you’re pointing.
The fine folks over at the PSVRHacker subreddit are more than willing to assist you with any issues you may be having with Trinus PSVR
We hope this article was helpful to you and you have been able to successfully connect your PS4 VR to your PC. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us in the comments below.