If you have a Gear VR and a PS4 controller you might be wondering to connect them.
In this article, we will tell you how to connect ps4 controller to gear VR. Let’s go!
How to Connect PS4 Controller to Gear VR?
You can connect a PS4 controller to Gear VR by using the USB cable that came with your headset. This is the easiest way to play games on Gear VR, but it’s not as convenient as connecting via Bluetooth. If you want to use the PS4 controller in more ways than just playing games, then this guide will show you how to do so.
Step 1: Plug The Headset Into Your Computer
Plug the headset into your computer and turn it on. You should see an option for “Gear VR” under the “Other Devices” section of Windows 10.
Step 2: Turn On The PlayStation 4 Controller
Turn on the PlayStation 4 controller and plug it into the USB port on the back of the headset. It should automatically detect the device and pair it up.
Step 3: Open The Settings App
Open the settings app on your phone or tablet. Go to “Devices” and look for the name of your headset. Look for the “Connected devices” tab and click on it.
Step 4: Select The Device That Was Just Added
Click on the new device that was added when you connected the controller. It should be listed as “PlayStation VR.”
Step 5: Open The Games Menu
Click on the game icon in the bottom left corner of the screen.
Setting up Your Gear VR
You must first download the Oculus app for Gear VR. Instructions for installing the app are provided below.
If you want to use your Samsung Gear VR, first ensure that your Samsung Android phone has its volume turned up and is connected to a Wi-fi connection.
To set up your GearVR
Connect Your Headset Straps
Before connecting your phone to your GearVR headset, connect and set up your GearVR strap.
- Put the ends of the longer strap through the holes on the Gear VR headset, then attach the Velcro tabs.
- Attach the hook on the end of the bottom strap under the headband and then attach it to the back of the headset.
- Slide the bottom end (the part that goes through the loop) of the top band through the loop and then secure the Velcro tab.
Connect Your Phone
Once you’ve attached your headset straps, attach your smartphone to your Gear VR headset by following these steps.
- Connect your Gear VR headset to your phone and put it on.
- When you hear the voice instruction, take off the Gear VR headset.
- To install the Oculus app on your smartphone, follow the on-screen instructions.
- To get started, open the Oculus mobile application and follow the on-screen instructions to create an Oculus user profile.
- Connect your phone to your GearVR headset and then place it on.
Note: The Oculus Rift app found in the Google play store is not compatible with the Samsung Gear VR.
Using a Samsung Gear VR Controller
You’ll first need to pair your smartphone with your Gear VR headset before you can start using its motion controllers.
To connect your controller
- Open the Oculus app on your smartphone to pair it with the headset.
- Tap More > Controllers.
Put two AAA batteries into the controller and tap the Home key twice. Your phone will look for your controller and the LED lights will turn from solid white to flashing red, green, and blue. When your controller is paired successfully, tap Pair again.
Follow the on-screen instructions and touch Next to calibrate your controller.
Pair Your Controller
To pair your controller, first select whether you want to play left-handed or right-handed. Then tap next to finalize the connection.
You can switch between using your left hand and right hand with your controller by going back into your controller’s setting menu.
To unpair your controller
- Go to your phone’s Bluetooth settings to unpair your controller.
- Using your controller
Your controller has these buttons
- Trigger: Press to select things
- Touchpad: Press to select things or swipe to browse
- Back button: Press to go back or press and hold to open the Universal Menu
- Home button: Press to go back to Oculus Home or press and hold to reset your controller orientation
- Volume buttons: Press to turn the volume up or down
Note: Some games may not fully support the Gear VR Controller. If you see a “Supported” symbol next to the title, then the controller is likely compatible.
Using an Unlocked Phone With Gear VR
If you want to ensure that you can download any necessary updates, your Samsung Android device must connect to a mobile network so that it works with your Samsung Gear VR headset.
Note: If you attempt to use an unlocked phone when using your Gear VR, you might encounter issues that we cannot resolve or it may not function at all.
Wearing Glasses While Using Samsung Gear VR
To prevent scratching the lenses inside your Samsung Gear VR headset, don’t wear glasses with them.
If you wear glasses when playing games on the Gear VR, take them off and use the focus adjustment wheel at the top of your headset to adjust the distance between the Gear VR’s lenses and your eyes.
Standing or Walking While Using Gear VR
We don’t suggest standing or walking while wearing your Samsung GearVR because it could cause injury. Instead, we suggest sitting in a rotating deckchair.
You can access the Universal Menu anytime when using your Samsung GearVR.
To access the universal menu
- Connect your Samsung Android phone to your Gear VR headset and then put it on
- Press and hold the back button on the side of your headset to open the Universal Menu
Once you open the Universal Menu, you can view and adjust the following things
- Wi-Fi: Turn Wi-Fi on or off
- Bluetooth: Turn Bluetooth on or off
- Do Not Disturb: Ignore calls and notifications while using your Gear VR
- Passthrough Camera: See “through” the headset and into your environment by using the camera on the back of your phone
- Reorient: Realign the display to your line of sight
- Volume: Adjust the volume on your mobile device
- Brightness: Adjust the brightness of your display
We hope this guide helps answer some questions about how to use your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with your Samsung Gear VR headset!
If you have any queries feel free to reach out in the comments section below.