Do you want to know how to calibrate VR Headset PS4?
Let’s find out.
How to Calibrate VR Headset PS4?
- Press the PS buttons on your controller for three seconds to open the quick menu.
- To adjust the position of the PlayStation VR headset, select “Adjust PlayStation VR” from the menu bar at the bottom of the screen. Then, drag the headset so that the image is clear.
- Go to Settings > Devices > PlayStation VR > Adjust PlayStation Camera.
How To Calibrate PS4 VR
To access the PlayStation VR’s settings, you’re going to need to press the PS/X buttons on your controller and then navigate to the Settings tab in the main XMB screen. Then, choose the PlayStation VR option from there.
If you don’t know what’s wrong with the camera, we’ll show you how to calibrate it using our easy steps.
Measure Your Eye Distance
This setting is used to ensure that the 3D videos you see inside your VR headsets feel as real as possible and look natural when you’re looking around. To change this setting, go to ‘Measure Eye-to-eye distance’.
Press the X button on your gamepad to take the picture.
With the cursor on the screen, place the cursor at the center of the eyes, and then confirm. The size of the screen will automatically change so that everything you see looks more natural and helps you perceive the scale of what you’re seeing.
Make sure you do this part as accurately as you can because it can make a big difference to your experience.
Adjust Your Headset Positioning
If you want to be able to use virtual reality, you need to get a good-quality headset that works well for you. To ensure that you can actually read everything on the screen, check that it doesn’t look blurry when you’re wearing it.
Make sure the headset headbands fit snugly but not so tightly that they might slip off your head when you’re playing games.
Adjust Your Playstation Camera
- You need to adjust the camera so that your head appears centered in three different images. Make sure your head fills the image on the screen.
- The ideal viewing angle for watching a game from a VR headset is around six feet away, so be sure to leave enough room between yourself and the screen.
- You should also be able to play the game comfortably from a distance of six feet away from the screen.
- Your TV should be at eye level with your chest. Pointing the lens downwards is best for capturing a good photo.
- Clean both lenses before using the camera. If there are any smudges on them or anything else, use a soft dry micro fiber cloth to remove them.
When you’ve set up and adjusted your cameras to your position, don’t move them around as you’ll need to re-adjust them again. Make sure they’re stable on a surface and aren’t going to drop off during gameplay so that they stay tracked correctly.
How to Calibrate VR Headset PS4?
Calibrate The Tracking Lights On Your VR Headset
To calibrate the tracker for the best VR experiences, put the headgear on first and then use the calibration tool to adjust the position of the red dots.
Follow all the instructions displayed on the screen and try not to move too much during the process. Otherwise, the process will start again from scratch. There will be five different sets of light bulbs to calibrate.
- If you want to use the camera app on your phone, you can do so by holding the device in front of you. However, if you’re not steady enough to keep the device still, you may find it difficult to take good pictures.
- Make sure your lighting is dim enough for your camera to see your movements clearly. If the lighting isn’t dim enough, it won’t be able to detect your movements correctly and will ruin your gameplay experience.
- If the lighting in room changes during the game, it should be able to automatically change its settings so that it works again when the light returns to normal. However, if you need to manually reset the system, you might have to calibrate it again.
Adjusting The Brightness
Once you’ve properly calibrated your PSVR, you’ll want to adjust the brightness and resolution settings so they look and feel right for you when playing.
When using PlayStation VR, set the screen to its highest setting (maximum) and then use the calibration menu to adjust the screen to your eyes.
Under the “Display Settings” section, you’ll see an “Adjust display settings” button. Clicking on this button will allow you to change the size of the display within your headset. Choose from Small, Medium, Large, or Custom.
You can watch videos comfortably in medium size, but if you want to play video games, then go for large size. However, you may sometimes feel like you’re making too much movement and shifting your weight more when you’ve got the display in large, which can be less tiring than staying stationary the entire duration.
We hope these tips help you calibrate your PSVR headset. You can now enjoy your favorite games without having to worry about getting sick!
If you have any questions feel free to comment below.