Do you need to calibrate your GearVR controller? And you don’t know how to
Let’s find out.
How to Calibrate Gear VR Controller?
- From the Home screen of your mobile device, navigate to the Apps screen.
- Touch Oculus.
- Touch More.
- Touch controllers allow you to swipe to navigate through content.
- You can choose between using either a mouse or keyboard for input. If you want to change any further settings, click “Settings” at the bottom of the screen.
- Click More Options.
- To recalibrate the joystick, touch Recalibrated.
How to Set up Your Samsung Gear VR Controller?
Samsung Gear VR extends the functionality of your Samsung Galaxy smartphone by allowing you to experience virtual reality (VR) content on your phone.
The system has two parts.
Headset: Connects to your Galaxy phone, which serves as the Gear VR processing unit and display.
Controller: You use these devices to interact with and control experiences and games in VR
This article shows you how to set up your Galaxy phone so that it works with your Gear VR. It also explains how to use the Gear VR controller.
Before You Get Started
Before you start installing your Gear VR components, check whether your phone will be compatible with them.
There are six Gear VRs currently available, and most of them are compatible with Galaxy phones running Android Lollipop 5 or later, including the ones listed below.
- Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+
- Galaxy S8 and S8+
- Galaxy Note 8
- Galaxy Note FE (Fan Edition)
- Galaxy A8 and A8+
- Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- Galaxy Note 5
- Galaxy S6, S6 edge, and S6 edge+
Samsung has released an official statement saying that Gear VR is not compatible with any device later than Galaxy S9, including Galaxy S10, Galaxy Note 10, etc.
To learn more about device compatibility, go to the Galaxy Support website.
Attach the Straps to the Gear VR Headset
- Slide one end of the wide strap through the two holes at the top of each ring on the left side of the Gear VR headstrap, then secure the Velcro tab.
- If your Gear VR has a second, narrow band, attach it by inserting the loop at the bottom of the band into the hole on the side of the Gear VR.
- Snap the strap onto the headset.
- Slide one end of the narrow band through the loop in the middle of the wide band, then fasten the Velcro tab.
Connect Your Galaxy Device to the Gear VR Headset
Remove the back plate from the Gear VR headset by pressing down on the two plastic tabs at the top of the device.
Depending on the type of Galaxy phone you own, it may have either a USB-C or USB Micro connector port. To change the connector port on the earbuds, so they fit your Galaxy phone, follow these instructions.
- Slide the left connector to the unlocked position.
- Unplug the cable.
- Connector insertion.
- Slide the connector tab into the locked (closed) state.
- Before connecting your Galaxy phone to the Gear VR headset, deactivate any screen locks on your phone.
- Plug your Galaxy phone into the left side of the Gear VR with the screen turned toward the inside of the unit.
- Next, use the right connectors to secure the device to the wall.
When you see the voice command, take off your Samsung Gear VR headset. You’ll then be prompted to say, “Ok, Google.”
When you hear the “OK Google” command, take off the Samsung Gear VR headset.
You’re now ready to use Samsung Gear VR.
Pair the Gear VR Controller With Your Headset
You don’t need to install the Oculus app from the Google Play Store. Instead, just go to the Samsung App store and install the Oculus app there.
If you already have an Oculus account, log into it now or set up a new one. If there are any software updates available, download and install them now.
If there are any software updates available, download and install them right away.
On the next page, select Turn on Bluetooth. Then, confirm the device permissions for enabling Bluetooth.
Pair the Gear VR Controller With Your Headset
On the Oculus app
- Click More (the three horizontal bars).
- Select controllers
- Insert the two AA batteries that came with the GearVR controllers.
- On the controller, tap and hold the home button until the screen turns black.
- When the LED on top of the remote control turns blue, press Pair.
Troubleshooting Samsung Gear VR Controller
If you’re struggling to use your Samsung Gear VR controller, then here are some tips for fixing the problem.
If you’re having trouble connecting your controllers, open the Oculus app for your Android device and go to the “Controllers” tab of your device’s setting menu to make sure your controllers aren’t already connected.
If it’d been paired before, unpair it from the Bluetooth settings and then pair it again. If that fails, reboot your phone.
If your controller is paired, check to make sure your controller doesn’t have low batteries. To check your battery levels:
- Open the Oculus app
- Tap More and then tap Controller
- Tap your controller below-paired controllers to view its current charge status.
How Do I Reset My Gear VR Controller?
For now, if you want to reset your controller, you’ll need to unpair it from your smartphone.
It seems to be one of the only ways to reset things without just removing the batteries from your gamepad and then replacing them.
- You’ll first want to go to your Bluetooth settings.
- You should see your Pimax headset in the Pimax headsets list, tap the gear icon to its left.
- Tap on Unpair from here.
- After step 3, the Gear VR controller will appear in the available devices list.
- Once you’ve fixed your controller, you’ll no longer need to use an external keyboard or mouse when playing games in VR.
Gear VR, which uses an innovative combination of a lightweight, wireless headset and the full range of Samsung Galaxy devices, has been designed for mobile gamers who want to experience high-quality games anywhere they go.
Powered by Oculus, this breakthrough VR experience lets you enjoy high-quality mobile gaming experiences anywhere, anytime.
If you have any questions feel free to comment below.