Having fun in VR chat? The most fun you can have is with friends.
Let’s find out how you can add friends on VR chat.
How to Add Friends on VR Chat?
- Open your Quick Menu on VRChat.
- Click on the person you want to select.
- Click Send Friend Request.
- Wait for the person to accept.
- You can find them under your “Social’ menu.
Adding Friends On VR Chat
VRChat doesn’t require people to use a VR headset. You can move your avato by using a mouse or keyboard. It takes very little effort to add friends who use a VR headsets or a mouse and keyboard.
Add Friends With a VR Headset
The VR headset comes equipped with its own buttons and controllers. To navigate the Quick menu, you’ll require a combination of buttons and pointing.
You can choose to respawn from the Quick Menu or alter your current world. In this case, we’re going to utilize the Oculus Rift as our controller.
Here are some ways for you to make new friendships on VRChat using the HTC Vive.
- Pressing the B (back) key on the right controller opens the quick menu.
- To choose which social network you want to use, press the trigger for the one you want to use.
- Type the name of your new friend into the search box.
- Once you’ve finished typing, press OK.
- Choose one of the players from the list.
- Selecting “Send Request” from the dropdown menu will allow you to send a message to the person who has been added
- Click “Send” in the pop-up window.
- Once you’ve accepted their friend request, you can see who they’re friends with.
Before buying any VR headsets, we suggest checking out the list of compatible controllers and their default settings. You can find them at this link.
Add Friends with a Keyboard and Mouse
VR headsets can be quite immersive, but not everyone enjoys using them. VRChat can easily be used with a keyboard or mouse. Since the Quick Menu function almost identically, these instructions can be used for VR headsets.
This is how you add friends with a keyboard and mouse:
- Press the Esc key to switch between applications.
- Click on the “Social” option.
- Enter the name of your player into the search box.
- Click OK to start creating a list.
- Select the player you want from among the options listed.
- To send them a “friend” request, just press the button.
- Wait for them.
- When they accept, your friends will appear on the social menu.
Adding new people to your team is easier when they’re in the same physical location. It’s similar to using a VR headset to interact with your computer. Now you’re using a keyboard and mouse instead.
You can use these instructions to add anyone else in the same VRChat room as you.
- Press the ESC key to open your Quick menu.
- Select the video player that you want to use.
- To send a friend invitation, go to “Friends” > “Add Friends”
- Once accepted by the player, the social tab will show the name of the new friend.
Accepting Friend Requests On VRChat
When you receive a friend request from someone, VRChat will display a notification bubble for you to acknowledge or decline the request. To respond to the request, click on the notification bubble.
You can use this exclamation to invite someone to come see your current room and world. If you want to know which case it is, just look at the notification.
To accept friends’ requests, use a VR headset.
- When you receive the notification, click the icon to access the Quick Menu.
- Click on Social from your Quick Menu.
- Accept the friend request
- You can now see who they’re following in your Social Menu.
For keyboard and mouse users:
- When you receive an alert, press and hold the Escape key.
- Click here to open your quick menu.
- Click on “Social” to access your social media accounts.
- Accepting the request from the player will allow them to become friends.
- You can now access them from your social menu.
If you don’t want to accept their friend requests, you can simply reject them. Or, you can block them.
How to Add Friends on VR Chat?
How to Add Steam Friends in VRChat
It’s not possible to import Steam contacts into VRChat. You can’t even enter their usernames and search for them.
VRChat is available for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, iOS, Android, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Samsung Gear VR, Google Daydream, and Cardboard. It is compatible with most headsets.
If your Steam friend lets you see his/her current game, you can visit his/her profile. You can even join him/her for a game if he/she is currently online.
There are two main methods for adding someone to the Steam platform.
Use a Friend Code
Requesting a Steam friend code is the easiest way to get one. If your friend agrees to give you their code, you can add them as a friend on Steam.
- You use friend codes to add people to Steam.
- Add your friend to VRAccounts
- Ask them to send their Steam friend code.
- Start Steam.
- Click on “Friends”.
- Click Add a friend.
- Paste the friend code that you’ve received into the game.
- Click Send Invite.
When your friend accepts you, he/she will add you to their Steam friends list.
You can also use quick invites to instantly add people to your team, but they only last for 30 calendar days and work just once. Here’s how it goes:
You can invite friends into VRChat by adding them.
- Go To Steam.
- Select “Friends” from the list
- Click Generate a new link at the bottom of the page.
- Copy it into your message box in VRChat.
- If your Steam friends use this code, they’ll be able to see each other in their Steam friends list.
That’s all there is to how to add friends in VR chat.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in the comments below and we will try our best to answer them!