PlayStation VR (PSVR) is a virtual reality headset designed for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles. The headset offers an immersive gaming experience by placing users in a 360-degree virtual world.
PlayStation VR is considered one of the best VR headsets on the market, with a growing library of games and apps.
How Much is a PlayStation VR Headset?
The PlayStation VR headset price varies depending on the region and the retailer. In the United States, the current price of the PlayStation VR headset is $399.99. In Europe, the price is €399.99, and in the United Kingdom, the price is £349.99.
What’s Included in the Playstation VR Package?
The PlayStation VR package includes the following items:
- PlayStation VR headset
- Processor unit
- Stereo earbuds
- HDMI cable
- USB cable
- AC power cord
- AC adaptor
- VR headset connection adaptor
The PlayStation VR package does not include the PlayStation Camera, which is required for the headset to work. Users who do not already own the camera will need to purchase it separately.
PlayStation VR (PSVR)
Virtual reality has become increasingly popular in recent years, offering an immersive gaming experience that allows players to step into a whole new world. PlayStation VR (PSVR) is a virtual reality headset designed for use with the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles.
Features of the PlayStation VR Headset
The PlayStation VR headset is designed to provide an immersive gaming experience with a range of features that enhance gameplay. Here are some of the key features of the headset:
- High-quality display: The PlayStation VR headset features a 5.7-inch OLED display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The display has a refresh rate of 120Hz, which helps to reduce motion blur and latency, resulting in a smoother and more immersive experience.
- Accurate tracking: The PlayStation VR headset has nine LEDs positioned around the headset, which are tracked by the PlayStation Camera. This allows for accurate head tracking, which is essential for a smooth VR experience.
- Built-in audio: The headset features built-in 3D audio technology, which creates a surround sound effect that changes depending on the user’s head movements. This creates a more immersive and realistic audio experience.
- Comfortable design: The PlayStation VR headset is designed to be comfortable to wear, with a soft and lightweight design that fits snugly on the head. The headset also features an adjustable headband and a visor that can be moved to ensure a comfortable fit.
- Easy setup: Setting up the PlayStation VR headset is quick and easy, with a simple plug-and-play design that allows users to get started quickly.
Specifications of the PlayStation VR Headset
The PlayStation VR headset has a range of specifications that help to enhance the gaming experience. Here are some of the key specifications of the headset:
- Display: 5.7-inch OLED display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- Refresh rate: 120Hz.
- Field of view: Approximately 100 degrees.
- Audio: Built-in 3D audio technology.
- Tracking: Nine LEDs are positioned around the headset, which is tracked by the PlayStation Camera.
- Compatibility: Designed for use with PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles.
Compatible Games and Apps for PlayStation VR
The PlayStation VR headset is compatible with a range of games and apps, providing users with a wide range of virtual reality experiences. Here are some of the most popular games and apps for PlayStation VR:
- Beat Saber
- Superhot VR
- Astro Bot Rescue Mission
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
- YouTube VR
- Netflix VR
- Hulu VR
Competitors of the PlayStation VR Headset
Oculus Quest 2
The Oculus Quest 2 is a standalone virtual reality headset that does not require a console or PC to operate. It features a high-resolution display with a refresh rate of 90Hz and accurate hand tracking.
The headset also has a wide range of compatible games and apps, including popular titles like Beat Saber and Vader Immortal.
The Valve Index is a high-end virtual reality headset that offers a range of advanced features, including finger tracking and a wider field of view.
The headset also has a high refresh rate of up to 144Hz and a resolution of 1440 x 1600 pixels per eye. The Valve Index is designed for use with a PC and has a range of compatible games and apps, including popular titles like Half-Life: Alyx and Beat Saber.
HTC Vive Pro
The HTC Vive Pro is another high-end virtual reality headset designed for use with a PC. It features a resolution of 2880 x 1600 pixels and a refresh rate of up to 90Hz.
The headset also has a range of advanced features, including accurate hand tracking and a wider field of view. Compatible games and apps include popular titles like Superhot VR and Job Simulator.
Samsung Gear VR
The Samsung Gear VR is a mobile virtual reality headset designed to be used with Samsung smartphones. The headset features a 2560 x 1440 pixel display and a refresh rate of up to 60Hz. It also has a range of compatible games and apps, including popular titles like Minecraft and Netflix VR.
Google Daydream View
The Google Daydream View is another mobile virtual reality headset that is designed to be used with compatible smartphones.
The headset features a 2560 x 1440 pixel display and a refresh rate of up to 60Hz. It also has a range of compatible games and apps, including popular titles like Need for Speed: No Limits VR and BBC Earth: Life in VR.
In conclusion, the PlayStation VR headset is an excellent choice for anyone looking to experience virtual reality gaming on their PlayStation console. The headset offers a high-quality display, accurate tracking, and built-in 3D audio technology, all at a relatively affordable price point.
With a growing library of games and apps, PlayStation VR is sure to provide hours of immersive entertainment for gamers of all ages.