The foldable smartphone market is about to heat up with the arrival of the Honor Magic Vs. Samsung has dominated the scene for years, launching four generations of devices.
However, Honor’s latest foldable smartphone is set to challenge Samsung’s Galaxy Z Fold series with its unique features, build, and design. The Honor Magic 2 will be launched at MWC 2023.
First Look: Honor Magic 2 Teardown
YouTube user Zack from JerryRigEverything was able to put the Honor Magic Vs through its paces ahead of its launch. The teardown gave us our first look at the device’s internals and how it was crafted. This article compares the Honor Magic Vs to the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4.
Impressive Outer Display and Innovative Hinge Design
The Honor Magic Vs boasts a sleek outer display that looks like a regular smartphone when folded. Although the device is a bit thick when folded, it shouldn’t affect usage. The hinge design is one of the most notable parts of the device.
The phone has no visible crease when folded, making it significantly better than the crease on Samsung’s Z Fold. Zack from JerryRigEverything compares the two and shows how light easily passes through the crease on the Z Fold.
Honor has fixed one of the biggest issues with foldable devices with its innovative hinge design.
Teardown Reveals Inner Workings of Honor Magic Vs
Zack from JerryRigEverything continued his teardown of the Honor Magic Vs, showing off the phone’s external design and internals.
- The phone boasts a shiny blue finish on the back and a rectangular camera module with three shooters.
- When unfolded, the device features a large display with thick bezels and a punch-hole cutout on the right.
The Stressful Teardown
- Zack began by cutting the edges of the display and heating it up with a thermal blue to remove the flexible screen.
- The biggest surprise was that the outer display still worked even after removing the main screen.
- After removing the back, Zack found a dual-cell design to support the phone’s fast-charging capabilities.
- The phone’s internals was revealed after removing the back and main screen.
- The camera modules and battery were tucked in the phone’s rear part, and another battery was found beneath the outer display.
Summary of Honor Magic Vs Teardown
The Honor Magic Vs is a new foldable smartphone that has been put under stress by Zack from JerryRigEverything. This teardown offers a look at the internal components of the device and provides a comparison with the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold series.
The Design of Honor Magic Vs
The Honor Magic Vs has a shiny blue finish on the back, a rectangular camera module, and a big display with a punch-hole cutout. The device boasts a hinge that minimizes the crease when folded, a quality not seen in the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold.
The teardown shows that the phone has two batteries and a small motherboard. The folding mechanism is well-made and durable, and the thermal paste on the processor helps maintain low temperatures.
The hinge of the Honor Magic Vs is a step forward in foldable technology and sets the bar for future innovations.
The Honor Magic Vs teardown unveils a surprising four-component hinge design that results in a phone with almost no crease.
The mechanism is durable and easy to disassemble, making it possible to repair the device if needed. The innovative hinge design indicates that we can expect even better designs in the future.