Do you play Skrim VR and wondering what the best settings would be?
Let us help you with that.
Best Settings for Skyrim VR
We recommend playing the game at a resolution of 100%, which means Steam VR or Oculus Rift.
If you increase your rendering resolution, your performance will decrease. We actually suggest a lower rendering resolution of 0.7 for Oculus quests.
Beginners Guide to Modding Skyrim VR: If I Can Do It You Can Do It
Skyrim has become one of the most recognized names in the history of gaming. It was first introduced for PC back in 2011 and then later ported to consoles.
The vanilla experience of Skyrim is a good enough achievement on its own. However, keep in mind that it was released in 2011, and there are lots of rough corners to smooth out.
With a little bit of effort, we can get the graphics for Skyrim VR to look better than they did when it was released in 2011.
Once you start playing Skyrim mods, you won’t be able to stop.
What Is a Mod?
Mods are user-created extensions or alterations to games. They’re often done for free and are the unsung heroes of the gaming community.
When it comes to Skyrim VR, the bottom line is that modders should expect to get paid big bucks because the quality of some mods will blow their minds.
- Run Skyrim VR for at least 30 minutes before starting any other tasks. Then close out of the game.
- Install SKSE via the Steam Workshop. This is vital to running Skyrim VR without any errors. Once you’ve done so, open the launcher and select “Skyrim VR” from the dropdown menu. You can also download the latest version of the mod directly from the workshop.
- Find a mod manager that works for you.
- Figure out which mods you’re going to want
- Install Mods
- Don’t play any games except for Skyrim VR ever again, no joke.
At first, the download and installation of mods on Skyrim VR were rather cumbersome because it wasn’t fully compatible with mod managers at the time and there were certain tweaks that needed to be made to the.ini files and whatnot.
Fortunately, that’s no longer necessary and it’s simply a few simple steps to get your game moddable and ready to play.
- Sign up for a free Nexusmods account.
- Download Vortex.
- We’re going to look at the game in the section where people go to play games.
- You’re about to connect to our Nexus server. Click “Authorized” to continue.
- If you’re ready to start playing, we’re good to play. However, if you’ve got your mod files saved elsewhere, just head to the Mod Manager section and select “Staging Folder” from the dropdown menu. Then, simply choose the location of your mod files and hit Apply.
- Mod away!
Usually, it’s at this point where things could become a bit tricky, but in the month following Skyrim VR’S launch, full mod integration was done extremely easily. Here’s exactly how you do it.
Finding Your Mods
There is one true modding community for PC games at Nexus, but you’re free to install and use any mod you’d like from anywhere online.
If you’re new to modding, you should start out by using Nexus because it has an easy-to-use interface and literally hundreds of mods available for download.
There are some specific filter settings for VR, but most non-VR-specific mods will work just fine without any adjustments.
One important point to keep in mind is that while Vortex fully supports Skyrim VR, Nexus doesn’t have Skyrim VR as a standalone game, but rather Skyrim VR is simply a VR version of Skyrim SE (Skyrim Special Edition) and so any mods that worked for Skyrim SE will also be compatible with Skyrim VR.
What Mods Do I Choose?
It’s not easy to figure out which mods to use for Skyrim VR. There are so many choices!
There are thousands of options for mods available through the Steam Workshop, but we don’t usually use them because they’re not nearly as fun and ambitious as the Nexus ones.
Installing a Mod
Now that you’ve got everything you need for mods, it’s time to start finding one you want to use. Let’s get started!
- Find a Mod you like the look of.
- Click on the “File” tab at the top of the page.
- Click here to download the mod manager.
- Before you start playing, make sure you’ve downloaded any required mods first. Mods will tell you what you need after you press “Start Game”, so just proceed through the instructions from there.
- Open Vortex
- Go to downloads
- Click “Download” on the right side of your screen to download your mods.
- Click “Enable” in the Mod section.
- Install your mods
- Test your mod by running your game and seeing if everything works correctly.
Some mod managers don’t have an automatic way to order your mods, fortunately, Vortex does a pretty decent of this. If you encounter any problems, start by trying out just a few mods at once so you won’t run into this issue.
To combat this, you can either use multiple browsers simultaneously or use the Wabbajack application to ensure that everything runs smoothly.
There’s one mod out there that lets you change almost every single setting in the game, including things like the way melee combat works, what LOD settings are, and even tweaks graphics.
Hopefully, you’ve found this guide useful. It covers everything from preparing your computer for Skyrim VR to installing modded content and tweaking it once it’s installed.
If you have any further questions, please let us know. We’ll be happy to help.