People often ask how you can watch movies on Gear VR S6.
Let’s find out.
How to Watch Movies on Gear VR S6?
To use Netflix VR, you first need to download the Netflix app for Android or iOS devices. Then, follow these instructions to set up your device.
- Plug your smartphone into the USB port of the Samsung Gear VR headset.
- Go to Netflix in the Samsung Galaxy Gear VR environment.
- Tap the middle of your touchpad controller to open the app’s menu. Then tap Install Apps from Unknown Sources to allow the installation of an unknown application. Proceed with the installation.
- Sign up for the Netflix service. Log in to an existing user ID.
- You can choose between two models for Netflix VR app movies.
Watch 3D Movies on Samsung Gear VR
Assemble Your Gear VR
When you purchase your Gear VR, it includes the following components:
- One long strap
- One short strap with a plastic hook
- One plastic visor
- One elastic tag
- One motion controller
- One micro USB adapter
- One micro USB-C adapter
- Two AAA batteries
- One wrist strap for the motion controller
To put together these components, you need to:
- Attach the short strap to the small piece of hardware on the back of the headset with the open side facing forward.
- Slide the elastic band onto the long strap.
- Place the two ends of the long strap into their corresponding slots on the side of the plastic visor so that they’re facing outwards.
- Look at the short and long straps. Connect the velcro sides of the short and long straps together and insert batteries into the motion controllers.
- Connect the wristband to the controller by inserting the USB cable into the hole under the battery compartment.
- Reattach the battery cover.
- Insert the Gear VR headset into the elastic band on the backstrap.
So you can assemble your GearVR. It may take some time to get used to it.
Install Gear VR Software on Your Phone
It’s a very simple process to download GearVR software onto your smartphone. To do so:
- Put your smartphone inside the VR headset.
- When instructed by a human, remove the phone from the VR.
- Click “Agree” on your phone. Don’t forget to read the terms and conditions that appear on your phone.
- To install GearVR software, tap “Install”.
Following these simple instructions will allow you to watch movies on your Samsung Gear VR.
Pair Your Gear VR Controller
You need to set up your software first before pairing your controller. Here is how you can do that:
- Visit Google Play Store.
- Search “Oculus” and download it.
- Create an account.
- Sign into your account. Tap Pair on your Gear VR controller and then press and keep holding down the touchpad until you see the prompt to pair the controllers.
- Use the on-screen video instructions to adjust your controller.
- To change the controller settings, tap left-handed or right-handed.
You can set up your GearVR app and pair your controller.
Watch 3D Movies on Youtube
You can watch thousands of movies for free on YouTube.
You must use the Oculus Home app to access content on your Gear VR headset.
- Open the Oculus store.
- Install the Samsung Internet browser from Google Play Store.
- Launch Samsung Internet Browser and go to com.
- Look for 360-degree videos.
- Click the square icon on the lower right-hand side of the window to maximize the size of the image.
- To adjust the resolution, look at the bottom edge of the headset’s display, select the Gear menu item, and change the resolution to the highest setting.
Note: You need to turn on WQHD+ for Oculus App to be able to use the highest resolution settings in VR.
However, using WQHD+ when your Gear VR is turned off may cause your phone’s screen to burn out quickly. So, avoid using WQHD+ if you don’t want your phone to burn out.
You can adjust the screen resolution by going to Settings> Display > Screen Resolution. You may want to adjust the resolution each time you open YouTube to view 3D videos.
Watch Locally Stored 3D Movies
You can watch 3d films by downloading them onto your smartphone. Here’s how:
- Plug your Samsung into your computer using either USB-C or micro USB.
- Make sure that you enable file access
- If you don’t see an “Oculus”/”Movies”/”3D” subdirectory on your phone, create one.
- Copy the 3D movie files from your computer to this folder, and they’ll be ready for viewing.
Find the 360Videos folder, then put the video there.
If your file contains both 3D and a 360-degree field of vision, you must:
- Rename the file so that it ends with _TB for videos formatted in an under or overdetermined configuration. For instance, mp4.
- Rename the file, which ends with _LR for movies formatted in a side-by-side configuration. For example mp4.
Plug your phone into the Gear VR when you’re done transferring files.
- Choose Library and Installed
- To start watching videos, select Oculus Video from the menu bar at the top of the screen. Then choose one
- Click on My Videos and select the video.
Watch 3D Movies on Netflix
To watch 3D videos on Netflix using Gear VR, here’s how to do it:
- Open Oculus Home.
- Install Netflix on your computer.
- If you open Netflix, you’ll find an immersive VR theater.
Note: On Netflix for Gear VR, the highest resolution available is 480p.
Watch 3D Movies on Hulu
You can also watch Netflix on Gear VR easily. To watch, you need to:
- Launch Oculus Store.
- Search Hulu and install it.
- On Hulu, you’ll see a list of movies and TV show trailers.
- Choose the film you’d like to watch.
Gear VR has been released as a virtual reality device. It provides a great experience to users. However, it doesn’t support all apps yet. In addition, it consumes a lot of power.
Your Samsung Gear VR headset allows you to experience virtual realities. The quality of your pictures will be as good as your phone’s camera.
If you have any questions feel free to comment below.